FitzGerald's

6615 Roosevelt Road

FitzGerald's has been a gathering spot since it was built in the early 1900's. Up to 1925, the frame building at 6615 W. Roosevelt was a roadhouse used as a hunting lodge and sporting team headquarters. As more buildings rose along Roosevelt Road, the club was home to several nightclubs, the best-known being The Hunt Club, which flourished through the 1950's and early 60's--acts included Turk Murphy, Bob Scobey and Lil Armstrong. After the Hunt Club closed, the space became the Deer Lodge, complete with pool tables and a fortune teller.

The FitzGerald famly bought the building in 1980, and since that time FitzGerald's has gained a national reputation for excellent live music in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Along the way, the family purchased the buldings on either side of the club; the corner building now houses a private party space and "get away' bar, and the building to the east is currently occupied by Capri Ristorante, a popular Old World Italian restaurant. This is a separate business from FitzGerald's -- to make a reservation or for more info, call them at (708) 637-4085.

How to find us?

Don't miss out!

Sign-up to our newsletter to get free tips, updates and promotions.